Wiki billing for chiropractic services

lconley

New
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
I am new to Chiro billing and need to know if an assistant can do therapy on a patient under the supervision/direction of the Chiropractor?
I believe they can but do they need to be licensed?

Thanks!

The state you are in will determine the licensing requirements. Here in Wisconsin, Chiropractic Technicians must be licensed to provide therapies such as ultrasound, inferential, hot/cold packs and laser light. A quick call to your state chiropractic organization will tell you all you need to know!

pattiland

Does anyone know why UHC is denying chiro claims all of a sudden.
4 - The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required
modifier is missing. Usage: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment (loop 2110 Service Payment Information REF), if present.

Does anyone know why UHC is denying chiro claims all of a sudden.
4 - The procedure code is inconsistent with the modifier used or a required
modifier is missing. Usage: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment (loop 2110 Service Payment Information REF), if present.
Yeah, i noticed it too.. Same with PT... I get the same denial.. Anyway, what were the procedure codes billed? Did you have an E/M and CMT? with AT mod?

I have a clinic that sends their PI chiro patient to Premier Radiology for xrays. The clinic pays for the x-rays and then bills the (attorney or auto carrier for them). We have one chiropractor saying this is ok and the other saying its not. Is this allowed?

I am having the same issue with Medicare for PT. I used the GP modifier in original claim. I thought they may be looking for the 59 or XU/XS modifiers along with it, but the refile was denied as well. Any ideas? 97110,97140,97530 were billed together on this claim.