Wiki Billing for student Nurse Practitioners

Best answers
I am looking for information regarding billing rules regarding student nurse practitioners. We have a student extern who will be here for this semester and I am looking for billing rules regarding NP student externs. I have found some info and it pretty much says we are not allowed to bill for that provider and that the only work they can do would be the PFSM history and the ROS -otherwise the rest of the visit would need to be provided by a MD, DO, PA or NP. Does anyone have any info they can share on this? I know there is a lot out there for residents in a teaching hospital, etc. I am looking for info specific for NP students.
Thanks!

As you already know, student NPs are not remotely the same as Residents. If the provider (student NP) is not licensed, pretty much the information you've uncovered says it all: these providers have a limited scope of of service they can perform.

Primarily, any service rendered by a student NP would not be billable to any insurance that I am aware of. I think the information you've found seals the deal.