Wiki Blinkeze and CPT 67912

ASMTJ02

Best answers
I was just wondering if anyone has worked with a product called "Blinkeze"? When we reviewed Blinkeze, to us it looks like a band-aid type of adhesive weight, not one that is surgically implanted.

However, our rep told us the CPT code to bill this out is 67912 (correction of lagopthalmos - for a Bells Palsy pt) -- and L8610 (Other prosthetic procedure devices - ocular), L8499 (unlisted procedure for misc prosthetic services) or 99070 (supplies and materials provided by the physician over and above those usually included with the office visit or other services rendered)

We intrepret the 67912 to read that is is a correction of lagophthalmos WITH implantation of upper eyelid load (eg gold weight).

Please help! Thanks.

I would agree with you on the 67912. You are not doing any "implantation" with that product. This company apparently manufactures implantable weights as well as this adhesive weighted product.

Personally, considering the minimal cost of the Blinkeze, I'd charge the patient an office visit fee, probably 92012, whenever they came in for initial evaluation of the proper weight strip to use and their initial strips. Then charge them an appropriate fee for the strips which they pay out of pocket.

Tom Cheezum, OD, CPC, COPC