Wiki Blue Shiled CA auth. for HCPCS codes H2034

Rapidrev

Best answers
Has anyone seen this auth. code before. I am getting this auth. code for my DTX auths. for CA Blue Shield? but what is interesting, when search auth's on the Blue Shield Web site, there are completely differnt codes attached to the LOC that I was orignally auth. for ? so confusing. Does anyone use the auth. tool on the CA Blue Shield Web site ? Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Rapidrev. Coder :confused:

H2034 is for sub abuse re-hab./ halfway house per diem. We are licensed for rehab treatment detox, our license does not state sub-acute. So i assume bls is auth. The code h2034. But my question would be is the rev code 0128 and h2034 a good combination to bill ca bls. Has anyone used theses codes and what type of reimb. ?

Those codes do not mix. H2034 would be used either as a boarding code for ambulatory levels of care or billed completely separate from the care. I honestly do not see that code paying outside of Medicaid.

If you are wanting to bill for Acute detox it would be with HCPCS H0009 and rev code 0126. Now I do not bill to BS CA as my host plan, so there may be provisions in their provider manual that want you to code a certain way, but you would have to refer to the provider manual.

Has anyone seen this auth. code before. I am getting this auth. code for my DTX auths. for CA Blue Shield? but what is interesting, when search auth's on the Blue Shield Web site, there are completely differnt codes attached to the LOC that I was orignally auth. for ? so confusing. Does anyone use the auth. tool on the CA Blue Shield Web site ? Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

Rapidrev. Coder :confused:

Exact same issue here! We are a licensed RTC in CA, also licensed in detox (not acute medical) and I'm getting authorizations for that H2034 code - however, when I try to bill it, they have all been denied. I know it must be the revenue code I'm using. I think I am going to try using an all inclusive R&B rev code 0100 like someone suggested. I'm very frustrated because no one can give me an answer at Blue Shield as to how I'm supposed to bill the services they authorized!

Any news? I am still dealing with issues and have, in fact, told the facility to hold off on any Blue Shield clients until I can get it sorted out. All of claims are denied. Using the codes that they authorized, H2034. What's the deal??