Wiki Breat and Pap exam CPT for Medicaid Insurace

swetap

Contributor
Best answers
Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance for help me. I just would like to know about what is correct CPT for Breast and Pap exam for Medicaid Insurance. When we billed, it was already inclusive with Preventive Services, so is that any similar or different CPT which we would like to bill in Medicaid Insurance. I know 88142, G0101, as well as Q0091(HCPCS Code) for Medicare and Commericial,but confused in Medicaid.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sweta

Last edited:
Good Morning All,

Thanks in advance for help me. I just would like to know about what is correct CPT for Breast and Pap exam for Medicaid Insurance. When we billed, it was already inclusive with Preventive Services, so is that any similar or different CPT which we would like to bill in Medicaid Insurance. I know 88142, G0101, as well as Q0091(HCPCS Code) for Medicare and Commericial,but confused in Medicaid.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sweta
As each Medicaid program is different, you will have to refer to your manual for coding guidance. They could be using a HCPCS code such as S0610/S0612 or they could stipulate G0101 with Q0091. You would not be billing 88142, however, as you are not the lab doing the Pap interpretation.