Wiki Browpexy Internal Approch

dlcomer

Best answers
Browpexy Internal Approach

Does anyone know which CPT could be used for a brow ptosis repair with an internal approach performed at the same time as a bleph? 67903 does not work because he doesn't do a resection or advancement.

This is the part of the note regarding the eyebrow:

[B]Browpexy maneuver was performed by placing a 4-0 Mersilene suture between the periosteum of the lateral lower forehead and the undersurface of the brow.[/B]

I have tried to research this before and it seems there is a lot of information out there that this is being done but I can't find a CPT code for it. My surgeon has been doing these quite a bit and I have not coded it because it is just a small part and a little extra done at the same time as CPT 15823. I just thought I would throw this out there to see if any other surgeons are doing this procedure and if someone knows how to bill for it. Please help.....I don't want to not give him credit if it is something I can bill for but I am at a loss at what code to use.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
wondering was CPT code you used

Hello I was wondering what CPT code you used for Internal Browpexy, my doctor just did one.

Thanks

I still have not found a code for this. However, I did find a new name for it on another website. It is transpalpebral browpexy. I still am searching for a code. The description they gave for this procedure is exactly what my physician dictates as his procedure. Does anyone know about this procedure and what CPT to use for it?

Browpexy Internal Approach

Does anyone know which CPT could be used for a brow ptosis repair with an internal approach performed at the same time as a bleph? 67903 does not work because he doesn't do a resection or advancement.

This is the part of the note regarding the eyebrow:

[B]Browpexy maneuver was performed by placing a 4-0 Mersilene suture between the periosteum of the lateral lower forehead and the undersurface of the brow.[/B]

I have tried to research this before and it seems there is a lot of information out there that this is being done but I can't find a CPT code for it. My surgeon has been doing these quite a bit and I have not coded it because it is just a small part and a little extra done at the same time as CPT 15823. I just thought I would throw this out there to see if any other surgeons are doing this procedure and if someone knows how to bill for it. Please help.....I don't want to not give him credit if it is something I can bill for but I am at a loss at what code to use.

Thanks!!!!

67900 is the code for browpexy