Wiki bsp with removal of polyps in "sinus passages""

Best answers
Dr documents BSP all the way through op note then puts "additional notes" -polyps were found in all sinus passages including a large polyp in RT maxillary cavity and middle meatus all removed and airway appeared excellent after removal

he wants to code it
31298-50 BSP sphenoid and frontal
31295-50
i know for sure 31267 for right polyp removal within the sinus , i guess i am confused on the word passages for the other codes

any help out there

To accurate code this you would need to know which sinuses were entered and what procedures were performed in each sinus. If that information isn't clear from the narrative of the operative note, I think you'd have no choice but to query the provider for clarification. I can't think of any way around that.

To accurate code this you would need to know which sinuses were entered and what procedures were performed in each sinus. If that information isn't clear from the narrative of the operative note, I think you'd have no choice but to query the provider for clarification. I can't think of any way around that.
so to me sinus passages are the ostiums, if he removed polyps from the ostium the balloon code would be correct? or change to fess codes

so to me sinus passages are the ostiums, if he removed polyps from the ostium the balloon code would be correct? or change to fess codes
I'm not an expert in these kinds of surgeries, but I would be hesitant to make the assumption that a 'sinus passage' refers to a specific location. But think of it this way: if you're not sure about this, then a payer's auditor would also likely not be sure and would probably rule against the code being supported, so it would be best to get the input of the provider and make sure the record is clear for everyone who might be involved.