Wiki Bundling Help Please???

cmac

Best answers
Does anyone know of a good website or where to go on Medicare's website for billing labs? I work for a family practice doc who has the option to bill for clia waived labs but we had an issue in the past when we billed certain panels Medicare bundled certain CPT's together or reduced our fees. On the 2009 Medicare fee schedule they may say that 80061 may reimburse 9.70 but b/c it was billed with 5 other CPT's in a panel they reduce it to 1.60 (just an off the top of the head example). I need a place to check what codes they will do this to before we buy supplies for testing and start billing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

you need to look at your payment from medicare and see if they are AMCC tests then that might be the correct payment and if you look on the bottom of the Lab Fee Schedule you will see the ATP payments for AMCC tests. without a full list of what tests you did that day it would be impossible for me to know for sure, but 2 of the tests in 80061 are AMCC tests where as the third is not. Hope this helps.