Wiki C9733 - Billiable for stand alone Clinic

ccosta

Networker
Best answers
Looking for advice on HCPCS code C9733. Work for insurance company, and from what i have gathered, this is a bundlec code for ASC and Outpatient hospital billing. Provider states they can bill for this since they have a "Q" status instead of a "T" status.
Can someone assist in determining if provider in separate clinic can bill for this service for wound care. I have searched CMS and material all states it is bundled. This was done in 2012, in regards to making it a bundled service.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
Carl Costa

This is from the Federal Register Vol. 78 No. 237

We created HCPCS code C9733 (Nonophthalmic fluorescent vascular angiography (FVA)), effective April 1, 2012, for a service that became known to us through the new technology APC application process. We assigned HCPCS code C9733 to APC 0397 (Vascular Imaging), which had a CY 2012 payment rate of $154.87 and a status indicator of ??Q2.?? The ??Q2??status indicator shows that payment for the service will be packaged in the APC payment if billed on the same date of service as a HCPCS code assigned status indicator ??T??; and in all other circumstances, a separate APC payment for the service will be made. We maintained the assignment of HCPCS code C9733 to APC 0397 for CY 2013, which has a payment rate of $330.97, and continued the assignment of status indicator ??Q2.??

Thanks for your help, it was a tricky situation but i think we have convinced the provider that not every time is the company Rep correct in what they state regarding billing.
carl