Wiki Cabg 2 questions

Best answers
1) Are there different CABG codes for on pump vs off pump?

2) If my doctors PA only does the endovein harvest (pa:33508) during a CABG (dr:33533, 33517, 33508) I know that the PA 33508 cant stand alone without a primary code. Could we use 33510 for the PA?

1) There are no different codes for on pump vs off pump.
2) unfortunately you can’t use 33510 for the PA in this instance. When the PA is a first assist, he is not (usually) harvesting the vein so that gets billed under the physician. So if he is only harvesting the vein that is billed under the physician only

DVance, CPC, CCVTC
HTH

If the PA assists in the CABG portion of procedure along with providing the services of endo vein harvest our practice does bill for the PA by appending the AS modifier to the 33533 and 33517. 33510 is used to bill an all vein bypass to one vessel so that code would not be appropriate for the PA to use. Does your PA only do the vein harvesting and then leaves the OR?

i have one dr that states the ps is solely responsible for endo vein harvesting. does not go into detail for the other codes so i did not think i could them for the pa

If they are stating in the op report that the PA is solely responsible for the endo vein harvesting, then you are allowed to bill with appropriate CABG codes on the surgeons bill.