• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

calculating excsion size

paula f3

Guest
Messages
142
Hello,
I code for An ASC, we have a plastic surgeon who does quite a few lesion removals. He codes the size from his pathology report , but in his dictated note he lists the size (ie 2.5 cm) , in his dictated notes he does not state margins, now I was taught that if the size is stated without margins , we are to code as stated on the op note, 2.5cm. Please corrrect me if I have misunderstood.
Any and all opinions are most appreciated.
Thank you
Paula
 
Top