Wiki can I use Z00.121 and Z00.129 together

Best answers
Hello I wanted to know for a well child visit if the provider finds an abnormal finding for auditory screening and all other screenings are normal can two different z codes be used for billing purposes?

According to the ICD 10 CM OGCR section 1. c21.c5. A screening code may be a first-listed code if the reason for the visit is specifically the screening exam, it may also be used as an additional code if screening is done during an office visit for other health problems. A screening code is not necessary if the screening is inherent to a routine examination, such as a pap smear done during a routine pelvic examination. Should a condition be discovered during the screening then the code for the condition may be assigned as an additional diagnosis.
According to the decision tree in the guidelines:
Does the patient have a sign or symptom that prompted the test? if yes, report the sign or symptom that prompted the test. If no, report a screening code. If a condition is discovered during the screening, the code for the condition nay be assigned as an additional diagnosis.

The guideline also states, The Z code indicates that a screening exam is planned. A procedure code is required to confirm that the screening was performed.

It really doesn't address if I could use Z00.121 with an abnormal findings for auditory problems for the child and Z00.129 for the other screenings that came back normal under the well child visit. The ICD-10 is listed for the auditory failing for the well child visit, and I want to know if the second Z code can be used for the remaining screens that came back normal for the same well child visit. Or do I just list the one screen code with the abnormal finding.

Hello I wanted to know for a well child visit if the provider finds an abnormal finding for auditory screening and all other screenings are normal can two different z codes be used for billing purposes?
No, I would not use both - I'm not sure why you would want to as it would be contradictory. If the exam resulted in an abnormal finding, then Z00.121 is the correct code and Z00.129 would be incorrect.