Wiki Cardiac Cath with multiple angioplasties

parcoeliz

Best answers
Hi there,
I have a chart that that patient had a cardiac catheterization done, had intervention in 3 different arteries.
--The prox LAD - mid LAD: angioplasty, insertion of drug eluting stent, angioplasty, angioplasty.
--Then the 1st diagonal (of LAD) same thing: angioplasty, DES, angioplasty, angioplasty.
--For the Distal RCA: angioplasty, DES, angioplasty.
--Then right posterior atrioventricular artery (RPAV) just an angioplasty. (I believe the RPAV is still considered part of the RCA, not an additional artery??)
So, would the procedure coding be the stent insertion (to cover for the three stents inserted) AND additional angioplasty procedure to cover all the additional angioplasties? When a stent is inserted, an angioplasty is included in that right? But not additional angioplasties?
I'm working inpatient ICD 10 PCS...so I have the Dilation of 3 coronary arteries with 3 DES procedure code. THEN the Dilation of 3 Coronary arteries code. HOpe this makes sense, I don't want to copy and paste from the medical record! I'm also brand new to inpatient coding. Thank you.