• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Cardiac Cath with Selective Renal Angiography

tbanks75

Contributor
Best answers
For 2012 they have deleted the 75722 and 75724 and replaced it with 36251-36254. I am confused on how I would code a cath with the selective bilateral renal angiography. With this note I would code it as a 93459/26 and 75724/2659. But, the code has been deleted. What would I use. It just seems to me that the new codes are a little more detailed then what I need.

In desperate need of help :confused:

Tracy

donnajrichmond

True Blue
Best answers
In the past you should have coded the appropriate heart cath code along with 36245 (x 2 if bilateral) and 75722 or 75724.
Now you would code the appropriate heart cath code along with the appropriate code from 36251-54. Most likely 36252 if bilateral study is done. The new codes include the catheterization (36245) and the S & I (previously 75722 or 75724).