• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • We're introducing new features and a new look to make the forums easier to use and more valuable to you. See what's new and let us know what you think!

Cauterization (removal?) of SP polyp

rgeib

Networker
Best answers
Looking for some advice on the following procedure:

"The patient has a small superficial polyp-like granulomatous growths at the site of the SP tube insertion he would like to have it removed. On exam the patient has a 2 mm x 1 cm granulomatous polyp at the 9 o'clock position. Using initially silver nitrate the lesion was cauterized and actually came off the attachment at the skin I therefore used cautery Bovie at its base no bleeding was noted bacitracin ointment was applied."

Initially, I was considering entering this as 17250 for chemical cauterization of granulation tissue, but the confirmation of this as a polyp that was removed leads me to think perhaps an excision code is warranted? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.