Wiki CDI training for physicians

lbarbar

Networker
Best answers
Hi,

i need your help please ....... i was requested by the hospital i work in to do a training sessions for our physician about documentation improvement.

i am not sure how am i supposed to construct my sessions, what topics to talk about .......

tried to search the net for such a thing and for readily presentation to have an idea where to start but i could not, it was much easier to find information when i was giving medical terminology and coding sessions ..... but its not the same with documentation improvement.

any suggestion?

Sorry for the late reply, I train based on necessity... specificity, exam detail vs no detail, Observation guidelines, PFSH (positive/ negative), time based billing options, prolonged service, cloning, details that may be lacking in the MDM. e.g. documenting that they spoke with the pathologist etc.

I would be interested in hearing how to approach setting up this type of training. I am in a large private multispecialty practice and would like to create this training for our providers.