Wiki Cervical Spinal Arthordesis

carol52

Expert
Best answers
Would someone please explain to me the difference between.
CPT code 22853 and 22845

Procedure:
1). Anterior cervical diskectomy C5-6 and C6-7 dor decompression of spinal cord and nerve roots.
2). Arthrodesis at C5-6 with 5 x 11x14 mm Puros-S2 machined structural allograft.
3). Arthrodesis at C6-7 with 7x11x14 mm machined structural allograft.
4). Separate plate and screw fixation with 38 mm ZimVie inVizia plate and 14 mm screws.

Hello
22845 add on code for anterior instrumentation 2-3 vertebral segments (must be separate from say anterior screws to anchor a cage down) documentation must be clear as is separate as well.

22853 is for an arthrodesis with interbody aka example a cage(Peek cage, mesh)something that will replace the space that the disc is removed. In this code the anterior instrumentation is to anchor the cage or plate in place from where the disc used to be.

from the above I get 22551, 22552 for the arthrodesis discectomy decompression of spinal cord and nerve roots
structural allograft machined for support would be 20931
22845 for the anterior instrumentation of 3 vertebral segments

Anterior Interbody Fusion
In the interbody fusion, a bone graft is placed between two vertebrae and replaces the removed disc. During the healing process, the vertebrae grow together, creating a solid piece of bone out of the two vertebrae.

Hello
22845 add on code for anterior instrumentation 2-3 vertebral segments (must be separate from say anterior screws to anchor a cage down) documentation must be clear as is separate as well.

22853 is for an arthrodesis with interbody aka example a cage(Peek cage, mesh)something that will replace the space that the disc is removed. In this code the anterior instrumentation is to anchor the cage or plate in place from where the disc used to be.

from the above I get 22551, 22552 for the arthrodesis discectomy decompression of spinal cord and nerve roots
structural allograft machined for support would be 20931
22845 for the anterior instrumentation of 3 vertebral segments

Anterior Interbody Fusion
In the interbody fusion, a bone graft is placed between two vertebrae and replaces the removed disc. During the healing process, the vertebrae grow together, creating a solid piece of bone out of the two vertebrae.
Oh.... thank you so much for explaining that to me... I just could not comprehend the difference... that helps me out... I so appreciate your help !!!!!!