Wiki ceu's

lmbroomall

Best answers
Can anyone point me in the direction for ceu's for ccvtc? I am new with this specialty and need the ceu's. Thanks for the help

Can anyone point me in the direction for ceu's for ccvtc? I am new with this specialty and need the ceu's. Thanks for the help
The STS has an annual workshop that gives you 11 CEU's. Check out their website:

http://www.sts.org/index.html

Their next one is in October in San Diego. If you can't make it, there are workshops offered by the AAPC and others-you just have to keep an eye out for them. I too, am scrambling to get all my CEU's for this specialty. Good luck!

So how hard was the CCVTC test?

Just curious, I have been thinking about taking this exam as well. I am a total glutton for punishment I guess.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

Just curious, I have been thinking about taking this exam as well. I am a total glutton for punishment I guess.

Laura, CPC, CEMC

It wasn't easy. It definitely helps if you've coded for those specialties (cardio, vascular, and thoracic). The majority of the test is coding from op notes. Not for beginner coders...good luck!

The vascular is what makes me nervous, I only had strictly vascular surgeons for a little while and that was over a year ago. Don't use it you lose it. My CVT surgeons are really more cardio and thoracic that vascular.

Of course if the op notes they use on the test are like the E/M notes they used for the CEMC exam they may be easier to code than the real thing!

I may hold off til next year...if ever!

Thanks

Laura, CPC, CEMC