Wiki Charge Master policy

Best answers
Does anyone have a sample charge master policy they use in their facility? We are trying to come up with a policy showing uniform guidance and process controls for the maintenance of the hospital chargemaster. You can email me privately at smsullivan@atlanticabc.com.

Thanks

Good afternoon,

Hi everyone,
I am looking for how to price a charge code for cardiac procedure. Is there any one that can share with me how you all calculate your pricing?
Thanks,

Fami

http://www.cms.gov/apps/physician-fee-schedule/license-agreement.aspx

You should have a pricing policy for uniform fees that applies across the board for all of your services. CMS is a good place to start. See the above link where you can input your procedure for your locale to get the reimbursement that CMS allows based on RVUs, etc. then apply your multiplier for your practice to come up with the fee for the specific procedure.

Good morning,
Thanks so much for your respond and usefull link.
I have to expend my question now:
My question was more on cases where you have composite APCs....when several codes are under 1 APC...what are the determining factors to correctly calculate the CDM price (and not over price, ie....the APC for the procedure also includes the lead, pacemaker, etc... )

Thanks,
:)
Fami