Wiki Chargeable Devices - C1819

lallberg

New
Best answers
I need your opinion. I can't seem to get a direct answer. We have a policy in place that states we can bill for tissue excision devices. They are defined as one time used disposable devices. I use this policy to bill for the Novasure Device (C1727). Now, we were also told to use C1819 for other devices. But, in looking at the lay terms on Encoder, it doesn't seem to jive. The description on Encoder is:

A lesion localization device is an implantable radiofrequency guide that allows for stabilization, dissection, and excision of a lesion or foreign objects. Used with stereotactic, alphanumeric grid imaging techniques and ultrasound, this device may include radiofrequency, laser, or ultrasonic components. Implantation within the body proximate to the suspect tissue or object is done prior to surgery with one or more integrated transponder tags. At the time of surgery, scanning of the body with a radiofrequency scanner or reader activates the tag or tags and provides the surgeon with signals indicative of the location.

To me, this means something to do with the needle localization clip, etc. Could this HCPCS code also work for blades that are used during a functional endoscopic sinus surgery to help remove sinus contents or during a knee arthroscopy to help with debridement?

Also, what about the Myosure Device that's used during a hysteroscopic procedure? Can this be billed as well? If so, what codes would I use for these scenarios? I just don't think I feel comfortable with C1819 and I can't seem to locate any other code that would work for the blades and/or Myosure. Please assist if you can! I greatly appreciate it.