Wiki Chiropractic-I have a student

Dorthi

Networker
Best answers
I have a student in Florida that is in her externship and is having isues getting these three codes paid. What does anyone know about these codes and why they may not be getting paid. Thanks.

97140, 97010, 97014

Checking with the payer is probably the first step. It could be they only reimburse for manual manipulation and no other modalities. It could be a medical necessity issue. Maybe they need a specific modifier.

Chiropractic

The first response is very good. I would add to fully understand what the modifiers mean and apply if absolutely appropriate. Most payers do not pay for strapping as it does not require medical expertise. If in doubt, always check with the payer, coding guidelines and any contractual commitments.

LVN, COC-A
Clinical Investigator

those are considered physical therapy codes and most insurances will only pay for portions of ones depending on modifier with the adjustment. All depends on carrier and your companies allowed amounts etc.

Some companies I get paid on the spinal manipulation one mt and one pt. others deny them. again all depends on contracted rates and how you are coding them with dx and modifiers.