Wiki CIRCC mentor

Kimberly Suarez

Contributor
Best answers
I wanted to reach out and ask if anyone would be interested in tutoring me for the CIRCC exam? I am willing to compensate you for your knowledge and your time. Please let me know. I appreciate your time.

Thank you,

Kim

Reply to CIRCC Mentor.

Kimberly I would be more then happy to help you with your CIRCC. No compensation necessary I am happy to help anyone that has an adamant interest in getting their CIRCC. Its a very tough credential to get and starts with REALLY knowing your Vascular systems, Arterial and Venous families, their anatomic locations in the body and you need to be able to identify the names of the vessels when reading an IR report and know which family the vessel being catheterized, imaged and or intervened belongs to and what order of selectivity that vessel is ( Non-Selective, 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd order, 4th etc) Then the Hierarchy of procedures for Percutaneous Endo-Vascular interventions which goes from lowest to highest ( Angioplasty > Stent Placement > Atherectomy / Mechanical Thrombectomy/ Thrombolysis. Of course, if you have an angioplasty performed in one vessel followed by a stent placement in that same vessel, the angioplasty is bundled with the stent and you code only for the stent. Just some basics there. One great advantage we have is the Percutaneous Dialysis Fistula Interventions are much easier to code now with them being a bundled series of codes ranging from 36901-36909. You really want to get down your EVAR, TEVAR and FEVAR procedures for Aortic Aneurysms and the stent graft placements for those. You need to study your Right and Left heart catheterizations and diagnostic coronary angiography, Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Interventions. You'll want to know The Coronary vascular families, branches and the guidelines on multiple interventions performed on branching lesions between two vessels in the coronary arteries as well as coronary artery bypass graft revascularizations. Your modifiers for coronarys ( LM= Left main Coronary, RC= Right Coronary, LAD= Left Anterior Descending, LC= Left Circumflex, RI= Ramus Intermedius. ) Those modifiers must always be appended to the procedure code that represents the coronary vessel that was intervened upon. I mean you may know most of this so I dont mean to assume either way. But the CIRCC exam is not only interventional vascular but its also non-vascular procedures so make sure you have down your urinary interventions and catheter placements, Percutaneous Biliary Procedures ( Biliary Procedures are not as complex as they seem just pay close attnetion to what the documentation says on whether the drainage cath placements are new access or existing access, whether the catheter is an external drainage catheter only, internal only, internal-external, or conversion from an external to an internal external biliary drainage cath placement, those codesa all bundle diagnostic chorangiography, ) youll have to know ablations for the renal system, bone ablations, epidural steroid injections, Facet joint injections, and the section of the spine thopse werew placed and whether imaging guidance was used. DR. Z has a training module for every section of interventional procedures on https://zhealthpublishing.com/ as well. BUt hit me up I have over 5 years of IR coding experience, I am A CIRCC I passed my exam first attempt so let me know where your at experience wise and I'll help you ace it.

Erik Brown, CIRCC, CPC

Kimberly I would be more then happy to help you with your CIRCC. No compensation necessary I am happy to help anyone that has an adamant interest in getting their CIRCC. Its a very tough credential to get and starts with REALLY knowing your Vascular systems, Arterial and Venous families, their anatomic locations in the body and you need to be able to identify the names of the vessels when reading an IR report and know which family the vessel being catheterized, imaged and or intervened belongs to and what order of selectivity that vessel is ( Non-Selective, 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd order, 4th etc) Then the Hierarchy of procedures for Percutaneous Endo-Vascular interventions which goes from lowest to highest ( Angioplasty > Stent Placement > Atherectomy / Mechanical Thrombectomy/ Thrombolysis. Of course, if you have an angioplasty performed in one vessel followed by a stent placement in that same vessel, the angioplasty is bundled with the stent and you code only for the stent. Just some basics there. One great advantage we have is the Percutaneous Dialysis Fistula Interventions are much easier to code now with them being a bundled series of codes ranging from 36901-36909. You really want to get down your EVAR, TEVAR and FEVAR procedures for Aortic Aneurysms and the stent graft placements for those. You need to study your Right and Left heart catheterizations and diagnostic coronary angiography, Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Interventions. You'll want to know The Coronary vascular families, branches and the guidelines on multiple interventions performed on branching lesions between two vessels in the coronary arteries as well as coronary artery bypass graft revascularizations. Your modifiers for coronarys ( LM= Left main Coronary, RC= Right Coronary, LAD= Left Anterior Descending, LC= Left Circumflex, RI= Ramus Intermedius. ) Those modifiers must always be appended to the procedure code that represents the coronary vessel that was intervened upon. I mean you may know most of this so I dont mean to assume either way. But the CIRCC exam is not only interventional vascular but its also non-vascular procedures so make sure you have down your urinary interventions and catheter placements, Percutaneous Biliary Procedures ( Biliary Procedures are not as complex as they seem just pay close attnetion to what the documentation says on whether the drainage cath placements are new access or existing access, whether the catheter is an external drainage catheter only, internal only, internal-external, or conversion from an external to an internal external biliary drainage cath placement, those codesa all bundle diagnostic chorangiography, ) youll have to know ablations for the renal system, bone ablations, epidural steroid injections, Facet joint injections, and the section of the spine thopse werew placed and whether imaging guidance was used. DR. Z has a training module for every section of interventional procedures on https://zhealthpublishing.com/ as well. BUt hit me up I have over 5 years of IR coding experience, I am A CIRCC I passed my exam first attempt so let me know where your at experience wise and I'll help you ace it.

Erik Brown, CIRCC, CPC

Hi Erik! Thank you so much for reaching out. I would really like to speak with you. Can you please send me your contact information?

Thank you again!

kim