Wiki Clinical Practice Improvement Activities for Anesthesia

ksmcarthur

Networker
Best answers
Hi Group

Can anyone tell me if they are reporting CPIA Measures for an Anesthesia Group? I have researched and found the Measures applicable to Anesthesia but I haven't found any guidance on how to implement and/or document these measures. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karen

The measures provide instructions for documentation. For example, for measure 424: preoperative temp mgmt, we are instructed on how to report whether requirements are or aren't met:

Numerator Options:
Performance Met: At least 1 body temperature measurement equal to or greater than 35.5 degrees Celsius (or 95.9 degrees Fahrenheit) achieved within the 30 minutes immediately before or the 15 minutes immediately after anesthesia end time (G9771)
OR
Denominator Exception: Documentation of one of the following medical reason(s) for not achieving at least 1 body temperature measurement equal to or greater than 35.5 degrees Celsius (or 95.9 degrees Fahrenheit) achieved within the 30 minutes immediately before or the 15 minutes immediately after anesthesia end time (e.g., Emergency cases, Intentional hypothermia, etc.) (G9772)
OR
Performance Not Met: At least 1 body temperature measurement equal to or greater than 35.5 degrees Celsius (or 95.9 degrees Fahrenheit) not achieved within the 30 minutes immediately before or the 15 minutes immediately after anesthesia end time (G9773)