• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Closing of the dura after a craniotomy

Messages
7
The doctor did an exploration of the previous craniotomy. Per op report, he found a large spinal fluid collection under the timporal fascia and because the dura consistency was very friable and not able to hold suture he made a closure w/ DuraSeal sugical glue. I need help w/ CPT code. It was not a skull base, so code 61618 will not work. Also it was not spinal, so I don't think code 63707 will work.
 
I have not done Neurosurgery for about 8 years but as far as I can see it might be unlisted if he is just removing the bone flap post surgery and removing the excess csf fluid, I cant seem to find a code for that either.
 
Top