Wiki cms-1500 box 31

Best answers
good morning, I have a question about box 31 on the CMS-1500 form. We are a facility that a doctor comes to every week to see patients. On the days that the doctor isn't there, what name would i put in box 31? Would I put the facility name or the doctor name. He isn't performing the services or supervising every day. Thank you

good morning, I have a question about box 31 on the CMS-1500 form. We are a facility that a doctor comes to every week to see patients. On the days that the doctor isn't there, what name would i put in box 31? Would I put the facility name or the doctor name. He isn't performing the services or supervising every day. Thank you

Item 31 is for the signature of the provider and the date the provider signed the claim form, not the date of service. Computer-generated signatures, "Signature on File" or "SOF" can also be used. If you're going to submit a claim, you just need to wait for the provider to be in the office and then sign the claim form for the services he performed.

If you are referring to services provided by someone else on the days he/she is not there, then it would be that other particular provider that would sign. You can't bill for services when he/she is not in the office as he/she is obviously not providing those services.