Wiki CMS proposal; Patients before paperwork

Hi,
I've read a lot about this proposal and eagerly look forward to the final rule. Do you think the changes will be part of the one published this November, or do you think they may still be just gathering information? I am a CEMC, and have only coded for a podiatrist, a pain management doc, sports medicine, and orthopedic surgery, but the word game that E/M coding has turned into makes me frustrated, so I look forward some positive changes.

So I have posted a thread with several posts on this subject over in the E/M thread a while ago.

Sounds to me that CMS will try and move forward with some of the changes this year, and keep working on the MDM guidelines moving forward. Officially the E/M overhaul is still in "Proposed" status, however it appears that CMS is itching to do something about it sooner than later.

Check out the many media format links over on my thread, and feel free to comment further over there. I do agree with matthew_cooper that this topic should be discussed further, but I think we would be more effective if we moved this discussion over to one thread instead of having several different ones.

Cheers!