Wiki COBGC Prep

jhanmer83

Networker
Best answers
I have a few questions regarding how to bill the antepartum/delivery in certain situations. If anybody can help me so I'm prepared for the COBGC exam this Saturday it is greatly appreciated. I don't do any coding for deliveries at this point, so I'm a little confused when it comes to billing global. Also where I work the policy is to include all visits in the global regardless of whether there are complications, so that's confusing me too.

1. If a patient is seen for routine antepartum care for 4 visits prior to being diagnosed with a complication, if all of the remaining visits are billed with E/M codes with the 24 modifier, would I still bill 59425 for the routine visits and then do the delivery/postpartum only? What if they were only seen for 3 routine visits?

2. Can all visits where an O code applies be billed separately from the global or just what is in excess of the standard visits (1 visit up to 28 weeks, bi-weekly to 36 weeks, weekly to delivery)?

3. If the patient delivers the baby prior to making it to the hospital, what services can be billed?

Thanks in advance! :)