Wiki Codes 93555 & 93556

Best answers
I have always used these codes for the imaging on a heart cath with the modifier of 26. Recently Aetna has told us that we have to bill those codes without the modifier. I am confused as to why we would bill these without the professional component. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem before with any other carrier. I know the modifier is correct but cannot understand why we would ever bill those imaging codes without them.
Thanks for the help

I have always used these codes for the imaging on a heart cath with the modifier of 26. Recently Aetna has told us that we have to bill those codes without the modifier. I am confused as to why we would bill these without the professional component. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem before with any other carrier. I know the modifier is correct but cannot understand why we would ever bill those imaging codes without them.
Thanks for the help

If the same doctor who performed the procedure is interpreting the films, in my opinion, the modifier is not needed. If someone else is performing the S&I, then I would use the modifier.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC:)