Wiki Coding Books

aunyea

New
Best answers
Hello everyone. I am new to the board and am very excited about joining. I have a question I will be taking the CPC exam soon and was wondering how would I get any coding books that is required for the exam.

I cannot find any 2008 books available, can I use the new 2009 books? Please help me.....:(

The first question would be when are you taking your CPC exam? If you are taking it this year then I suggest you see if you can borrow the books from your office. The 2009 books are not all out yet, in fact they just started shipping the CPT books. The HCPCS books won't be available until later in the year. Just be sure to have the CPT Professional or Standard version to take your exam with. Your ICD-9 and HCPCS can be Professional or Expert versions.

If you are waiting and taking your exam in 2009 the I strongly suggest you use the 2009 books.

Good Luck.

I agree you need to use the books for the year you're taking the test. The process of coding itself doesn't change much but the codes & some directions will. 2009 is supposed to have a good bit of changes so I wouldn't risk it. If you're taking it in 2008, have you tried amazon.com, ebay or overstock for the books? Even used books at this point would be helpful for you.