Wiki Coding help

todd5400

Best answers
I would like to opinions on how to code this please

1. Right transfemoral cerebral angiogram selective left subclavian, cervical views
2. Selective left vertebral artery, intracranial views
3. Deployment of Neuro-Form 3 stent in basilar artery
4. GDC embolization superior cerebellar artery aneurysm
5. Control angiography selective left vertebral artery intracranial viewsX4 runs

Procedure: The right common femoral srtery area was accessed and dilated to a 6 French sheath connected to a cutaneous heparinized flush system. A catheter was navigated into te left vertebral artery. Using the road mapping technique a Neuro-Form stent 4 mm. X 20 mm was navigated past te neck of the superior cerebellar artery aneurysm and then deployed. After deployment of the stent a power 14 catheter was advanced over a synchrowire into the lumen of the aneurysm. A 9X30mm GDC 10 system 2D coil was deployed. The interstices of this coil was packed with successively smaller coils and intermittent fluoroscopic runs were perforrmed which confirmed progressive obliteration of the aneurysm. Once this was done all catheters removed. DS angiography was performed in multiple projections demonstrating obliteration of aneurysm.

I coded this as

75685-LT

Thank you for your opinion
Mary

You can't code for the stent as it was used for the embolization rather than to treat some separate condition. Your selective cath code would be 36217. I agree with the rest of the codes

Diane Huston, CPC,RCC

Thank you for your help. This was the first time I had a stent with the embolization.