Wiki Coding ICD-10 009.52_ Supervision of elderly primigravida or elderly multigravida

peabodym

Contributor
Best answers
Can the Supervision of elderly pregnancy code (009.5__) be assigned based on patient's age of 35 and older even if the documentation does not state Advance Maternal Age? I was told by a coder that the provider must document Advance Maternal Age in the progress note to assign this code?

Can the Supervision of elderly pregnancy code (009.5__) be assigned based on patient's age of 35 and older even if the documentation does not state Advance Maternal Age? I was told by a coder that the provider must document Advance Maternal Age in the progress note to assign this code?
Hello,

Did you ever get an answer to this. I'm wondering too if only when provider documents on the note.

You should code what the provider has documented as complicating the pregnancy. The simple fact of her age would not support use of this code without the provider indicating it is complicating the pregnancy.