Wiki Coding systemic BCG infection

Jessim929

Guru
Best answers
First thing this morning one of my doctors hit me with this question: Is there an ICD10 code for a systemic BCG infection (BCG-osis)? I hit the big book and can't find anything directly called that, but a Google search says to either code signs and symptoms OR T88.7 and use the additional code for what the systemic effect is. This specific case patient had BCG for TCC, and came back after with an enlarged paratesticular mass, had an orchiectomy. Path came back granulomatus epididymitis.

So, what I'm asking here is I'd code this orchiectomy with the dx's T88.7 and N45.1, correct? That's still the standard, right?

Thanks!!!

Hi Jessim, :)
Here is info on BCG .....Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) treatment is a type of intravesical (in your bladder) immunotherapy. This liquid drug is made from a strain of Mycobacterium bovis — the same bacterium used to create the tuberculosis vaccine. When used in medicine, Mycobacterium bovis is weakened to reduce harm to your body. See dx codes block of A18 and B90.8.
Also TCC is related to carcinoma so I d code dx D07.69 in line up somewhere with your current illness above
Well hope helped you some what with more data
Lady T(y)