Wiki Coding

mllivers

Networker
Best answers
Hi,

Just here to see if there are any new coders struggling like I am. I thought I was doing good with the 2021 update and I have one doctor that has now complained to my manager about how I was coding. Now I'm second guessing every level I choose. Is there any webinars that someone can recommend helping me?

TIA😕

Hi Mllvers
I suggest Goggle OB/GYN coding, check out the CPT manual too for rules of bundling related to OB/GYN then create yourself a paper handout listing common acronymns, lab tests, surgical terms & their coordinating CPT codes, Prego office visit codes, follow up rules, injections, Z encounter codes of history and Z dx past visits, and modifiers to use. Add what each payer expects in the OB/GYN world too ..Create a list of NPI and PIN for each physician on each insurance payer. This will help you quite a bit. Add notes as you learn more data; especially what causes a insurance denial. And put some cute pics of 🤰:) or 🏥 ⚕️on your handouts too.

I hope this helps you:)
Lady T
P.S. I am a G6P3 and my teen daughter is a G0P0......thank goodness. ;)

Hi,

Just here to see if there are any new coders struggling like I am. I thought I was doing good with the 2021 update and I have one doctor that has now complained to my manager about how I was coding. Now I'm second guessing every level I choose. Is there any webinars that someone can recommend helping me?

TIA😕
Is your manager certified? And if so, does your manager agree with your code choice? Or are you speaking about a clinic manager that is not certified and has no idea how to correctly choose a code?

Is your manager certified? And if so, does your manager agree with your code choice? Or are you speaking about a clinic manager that is not certified and has no idea how to correctly choose a code?
Yes the manager is certified, we were in the process of switching systems so we were paper billing. She is doing an audit to see if my coding is correct. I was "thrown" into OBGYN coding with very little training. I am wondering if there is a webinar or anything that can help me.