Wiki Colpoclesis vs. Vaginectomy

Yes, it depends both on the depth and the overall area removed. Confusing for sure. I was just checking my workqueue to see if I had any in there for documentation examples, but nothing at the moment. Do you have an op note you're working on, or was it just a general question?

per EncoderPro,

57210 is the code for Colpocleisis (le Fort type)
under coding tips, is this statement:

This procedure is rarely used: code with caution. For vaginectomy other than Le Fort, see 5710657109 and 5711057111.

unfortunately, I am not knowledgeable on this subject.
But reading the descriptions below, makes me want to say yes.

but here are 2 descriptions from AAPC that might help (if you haven't already seen them)
57110 -
Summary
The provider removes the entire vaginal wall.

57210 -
Summary
In this procedure, the provider sutures a laceration of the vaginal wall and or perineum that is not related to childbirth or pregnancy.

Would someone be able to explain the difference between a Vaginectomy and Colpoclesis?
As was explained to me by a gyn surgeon friend, Colpocleisis is a type of obliterative surgery and it done for pelvic prolapse. The surgeon sews together the front and back walls of the vagina to shorten the vaginal canal which prevents the vagina walls from bulging inward, and provides support to hold up the uterus. A vaginectomy is done for disease (cancer) where the vagina is removed in part or totally.