Wiki Complication of Pregnancy Visits - Weight Loss

oaf91590

Best answers
We are an OBGyn practice with an existing patient that is pregnant. She recently received a Dx of benign intracranial hypertension, ICD-9 348.2 and will begin a treatment regimen with her neurologist. We will be seeing her during her pregnancy as high-risk. She will begin a weight loss management program and we will be monitoring that during separate visits in addition to her regular prenatal visits. What would be the best CPT codes to use for these additional visits?

For the visits regarding her condition, I would think to use Dx of V23.89 then 348.2. I would also use the codes for her weight: 278.00 and V85.36. (For the regular prenatal visits (global), I would think to code the Dx as V23.89 and 348.2 then the outcome of the delivery....)

For the visits regarding her condition, I think I would use 99078 - but this is not a group setting! What is the equivalent CPT/EM for individual counseling for weight loss management and monitoring? Thanks for any help!

We are an OBGyn practice with an existing patient that is pregnant. She recently received a Dx of benign intracranial hypertension, ICD-9 348.2 and will begin a treatment regimen with her neurologist. We will be seeing her during her pregnancy as high-risk. She will begin a weight loss management program and we will be monitoring that during separate visits in addition to her regular prenatal visits. What would be the best CPT codes to use for these additional visits?

For the visits regarding her condition, I would think to use Dx of V23.89 then 348.2. I would also use the codes for her weight: 278.00 and V85.36. (For the regular prenatal visits (global), I would think to code the Dx as V23.89 and 348.2 then the outcome of the delivery....)

For the visits regarding her condition, I think I would use 99078 - but this is not a group setting! What is the equivalent CPT/EM for individual counseling for weight loss management and monitoring? Thanks for any help!
You woulkd not use the V23.89 you will use a code from chaptewr 11 first listed such as a 648.93. the deliver is never coded with the V23 code it is coded with a chapter 11 code as well. Is the patient documented as obese? if so there is a different chapter 11 code for that. Read your guidelines on pregnancy coding it should answer all your questions.