Wiki Considering the CPPM

I just took the practice management boot camp in Orlando.

For an entry level manager into the health field, the class was amazing. For a seasoned medical manager, I could see where it is dry. I really prefer the class setting over the online classes as those already in the field gave awesome discussion and valuable input into the topics.

I am scheduled to take the exam this weekend. I bought the pre-exam today and scored an 84%, so I am happy with 3 days to go. Those that took the exam immediately after class have all passed that I am aware of.

Scheduled 5/111

I am scheduled to take the exam on 5/11 and would welcome any pointers...especially after you take the exam.
I took the online class. I have over 25 years in healthcare, and did not consider the material "dry". I think its important to keep on learning. Healthcare is changing so much with meaningful use!

Good luck on Saturday...keep us posted!

Denise:)

also....

Confirming that passing is 70%?
Can you tell I am starting to psych myself out? Argh......it will be a long two weeks!:confused:

Took the exam today.
Was about what I expected. Time was not a factor at all. Actually completed the exam in less than 4 hours, but I took the next hour and a half to retake the exam to confirm answers.

Tips:
Buy the 50 question practice exam.
If you got the 140 question practice exam manual, study it too.
Make sure you look at AAPC's website to determine how many questions are in each section and allocate study time accordingly.
Read the questions carefully.

Should know the score this coming week, my confidence in passing is high.

What 140 question practice exam are you referring to? I did take the course and the online exam but I couldn't even see what I missed. Many thanks for the feedback. I know that I am comfortable with the material, but I am psyching myself with the test. :)

Just checked and I passed on the first try!! Ended up with a 76, which is a little lower than I thought when I left the exam, but it's a passing grade that I will take.

The 140 question exam booklet was given in the CPPM bootcamp, not sure if it is available online. There were 10 questions from each of the 14 chapters. The types of questions were similar to the 50 question exam purchased, just more in depth.

I wish AAPC would give us scores by section or even tell us what was wrong on the exam. I would actually like to study my misses or lower scoring sections just to learn the material.

Don't freak out too much, go in with a clear mind and think things through.