Wiki Consult Reimbursement

dori36

Best answers
Who has a list of payers who are paying consult codes? Or, I should say, 'is' there a list?

Thanks!

While I don't have an offical list, I can tell you that Medicare won't pay and the Medicare replacement plans like AARP Medicare Complete and Humana Gold Plus will not. Av-Med won't either.

Other than that, I've not recieved a denial from any other major insurance companies we accept.

We just started receiving denials on consult codes from Healthkeepers Plus in Virginia. It's under BlueCross/BlueShield but really a Medicaid product. They used to pay on consults, but as of 11/1 of this year they stopped.

reimbursment consultation codes

while I do not have my list available (Ga) I do know that VA & Mcaid follow the same guidelines as Mcare along with several of the BCBS carriers and many others, I made a list only after receiving denials. Hope this helps alittle

Does anyone have anything in writing that the VA does not accept consult codes? We have been recieving "letters of indebtedness" (basically a VA RAC letter )saying we should have billed a consult code. The DOS on all these claims were after Mcare got rid of consult codes.