Wiki Correct coding for x rays of the hand and x rays of the fingers on the same side....

bbnhayden

New
Best answers
This is my first time here so I hope I am doing this correctly.....

Can anyone give me updated and correct information on how to code an x ray of the right hand and x ray of the right fourth finger done on the same day? Some of the information I find says that the fingers 73140 are a component of the hand 73130 and should be bundled. Other information states that you should use your CCI edits and add a XU modifier... Everything I do find, however is not very current.

Please help!! What is correct?

Thank you
bbnhayden

This is my first time here so I hope I am doing this correctly.....

Can anyone give me updated and correct information on how to code an x ray of the right hand and x ray of the right fourth finger done on the same day? Some of the information I find says that the fingers 73140 are a component of the hand 73130 and should be bundled. Other information states that you should use your CCI edits and add a XU modifier... Everything I do find, however is not very current.

Please help!! What is correct?

Thank you
bbnhayden

CPT 73140 is a column 2 code for 73130, these can be billed together by using modifier. Add 59 mod on column 2 code 73140.

Regards,
Shruthi.