Wiki corrected claim

Slraheb

Best answers
Hi, I was wondering if any of you had a claim paid, but then you needed to add another line/charge so you sent in a corrected claim but Blue Cross denied the whole claim for timely filing and then retracted the whole claim instead of just denying the line/charge you added. If so, how did you appeal that?

I don't know why they would have retracted the original claim just because the corrected claim was past timely filing - this sounds like an error on their part. I would start by calling and speaking to someone on the phone first, and explaining to them what they did wrong, or getting more information about why exactly they did this. It's sometimes easier to communicate an issue like this verbally over the phone rather than trying to write it out in an appeal letter, and if in fact it is their error, then they should fix the problem without requiring you to write a formal appeal. But if that doesn't work to resolve the problem, you can appeal in writing doing the same thing. Be sure to reference all of the payers' claim numbers in your letter and attach copies of the original payment and the subsequent denials.