Wiki cost of dues

Ash82

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone else wonder why the cost of our dues keep going up? I just wondered if anyone is as frustrated as I am with the cost of dues and little in return. The cost to renew other licenses such as nursing, xray, etc.... isn't nearly as expensive.

Does anyone else wonder why the cost of our dues keep going up? I just wondered if anyone is as frustrated as I am with the cost of dues and little in return. The cost to renew other licenses such as nursing, xray, etc.... isn't nearly as expensive.

I hear ya. My nursing license is due every two years also and is a fraction of the renewal for my CPC.....and way more schooling to get the nursing license.

I also wonder about this. Dues go up and we don't even get a membership card.

Well, I paid the student dues, took my course and test, got my COC and don't think I'll be able to work after all so not planning to renew.

I also wonder about this. Dues go up and we don't even get a membership card.

You can download and print your membership card--Hover over "My AAPC" and you will see "Download my membership card". Printing your own membership cards is pretty common now among many other certificates, as well as online look-up of your credentials.

So far, I have never needed my AAPC membership card, though I did print it. I simply supply my ID number on my resume, and potential employers look me up.

Well, I paid the student dues, took my course and test, got my COC and don't think I'll be able to work after all so not planning to renew.
Are you aware that if you don't renew your membership, you will lose your credential? I received my credential in 2012 did not use it for six years, but maintained it because I love coding. I worked in billing in an orthopaedic practice for 3 years and moved to coding 2 years ago. I would not have had that opportunity had I not maintained my credential.

Yes I realize the consequences, but my RN offers a lot more job opportunities that I and still possibly able to complete while the local hospitals have turned me down for work in their coding departments. Yet from what I read RN coders are in demand. I just haven't found any authors of that statement.
I do love coding! I really enjoy reading the op reports and envisioning the process of the procedure. Guess I'm trying to live vicariously through coding since I actually assisted with a variety of procedures/surgeries and loved it. However I can no longer physically participate clinically and miss it.....A LOT!!!

I am thinking the same thing, I have received my cpc in December 2018. No one will hire you, unless you have experience and worked in a medical environment. Even though they say they will take CPC-A; they still won't. Why should I keep my membership if no one is willing to help those who finished the test and passed. Can't afford to go through internship.