Wiki Covid+ as presenting problem

Best answers
Hello,
First time poster!

I am in a new role as and EM auditor for Skilled Nursing and this has me stumped.
I'm paraphrasing but a note I see a lot for History of Present Illness is, seen for Covid19 was tested positive (the date) and patient is labeled as stable.

My question is would this be considered an "acute uncomplicated illness"? It seems pretty straightforward but I guess I find it hard to consider Covid19 "uncomplicated" especially in an elderly population and then I second guess myself.

Thank you for any help!

I would only consider a higher level if the patient is experiencing problems from Covid. Simply having a positive Covid test with no symptoms would be uncomplicated.

From AMA below are your acute illness options depending on the symptoms/status of the patient:

Acute, uncomplicated illness or injury: A recent or new short-term problem with low risk of morbidity for which treatment is considered. There is little to no risk of mortality with treatment, and full recovery without functional impairment is expected. A problem that is normally self-limited or minor, but is not resolving consistent with a definite and prescribed course is an acute uncomplicated illness. Examples may include cystitis, allergic rhinitis, or a simple sprain.

Acute illness with systemic symptoms: An illness that causes systemic symptoms and has a high risk of morbidity without treatment. For systemic general symptoms such as fever, body aches or fatigue in a minor illness that may be treated to alleviate symptoms, shorten the course of illness or to prevent complications, see the definitions for ‘self-limited or minor’or ‘acute, uncomplicated.’ Systemic symptoms may not be general, but may be single system. Examples may include pyelonephritis, pneumonitis, or colitis.

Acute or chronic illness or injury that poses a threat to life or bodily function: An acute illness with systemic symptoms, or an acute complicated injury, or a chronic illness or injury with exacerbation and/or progression or side effects of treatment, that poses a threat to life or bodily function in the near term without treatment. Examples may include acute myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolus, severe respiratory distress, progressive severe rheumatoid arthritis, psychiatric illness with potential threat to self or others, peritonitis, acute renal failure, or an abrupt change in neurologic status.