Wiki CPB through AAPC or CPB through CCO

Cpc thru aapc

I strongly believe in the teaching/education material that AAPC provides, I would not look anywhere else

Yes, but I didn't have time to read it. The best advice I could give would be to study the 1500 inside and out. Know what goes in those fields without any reminders. They are going to give Op notes and patient demographics. You will have to filp between several pages which made it hard for me to able to eyeball what is missing from a claim. I have 10 years of experience and i could not have passed the test without the AAPC study guide.

It's been a few years since I took the CPB so things may have changed but I don't recall any E/M questions in that I had to code an E/M. Remember, the CPB is about your knowledge of billing practices and can you read and understand insurance EOBs & such, not necessarily your coding skills. I absolutely agree with JUNAEBUTLER about knowing the CMS1500 form.

I took the test cold turkey because work went crazy and had ZERO time to hit the study guide. I decided if I couldn't pass the exam after doing the work for over 15 years, I probably needed to rethink my career path ;) I'd say if you've been working as a biller, you shouldn't have any problems. I thought it was a fun test to take, much more than the coding exams.

I will be taking the CPB soon. Are there any E & M questions on this test? Any other tips?
I don't think there are any e&m questions. The questions for coding is very basic. I really would not focus on that. I would focus on knowing the HCFA fields. I have 10+ years of experience and the last 60 questions of of the test were really hard. The practice exam questions on the practice test did not help prepare me at all for the HCFA completion. They will give you an op reports that are about 3-7 pages long with patient demographics. You will have to review the HCFA and determine whats wrong. It sounds pretty easy but but what makes it hard is flipping back and forth through the pages to review the info to make sure everything is correct. The choice selections are also harder b/c they also give the you option stating "there are no mistakes". If you have the study guide read the chapter for HCFA and know it inside and out. You will have to know other things (ie Places of service codes, what codes are billed to Medicare VS commercial plans, modifiers ect.) just to answer these questions. I would recommend starting with this section. B/c there are 200 questions on the test you may not have time to go back so be sure to use your time wisely.

I took the CPB exam yesterday there were about 5 questions on my test that involved E/M coding. Some were combinations such as an annual exam with a E/M for a problem, or questions about the modifier 25 etc. There were about three that described the visit and you had to choose from multiple choice. One was for consultation. The last part with the 1500 forms is tricky but ifyou took the practice exams or the class you will understand what I am talking about. Not all errors were a choice which made it confusing. I mostly did it by process of elimination. No idea how well I did, I have worked in billing since the 80's and run a billing department. I am not overly confident that I passed.