Wiki CPC- Seeking career near Rochester, NY

Best answers
I have 2 years experience coding outpatient coding, the majority in Immediate Care, Family Practice and Gastroenterology. However I do have experience in Neurology, Pain Management, Internal Medicine and OB/GYN. I am looking to moved back to the Rochester area, which I am from and my whole family resides there still. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

KIMBERLY A. DAVIS, CPC
Certified Professional Coder (Health Information Management)
Home Phone/Cell: 850-582-6497; E-mail: kimberly.davis.14564@gmail.com

I have great attention to detail, work well with numbers, and have had many great compliments with my communication skills. I have been told I show much innovation with projects set before me. My computer and record management skills have proved very beneficial throughout my working career. Some other words that would be used to describe me are hardworking, organized, flexible and personable.

EDUCATION

Course Curriculum: Health Information Management, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Pathology, Records Management, Basic and Advanced Coding, Business Communications, Billing

Northwest Florida State College, Niceville, FL
Certificate in Medical Coding/Billing
Graduated December 17, 2010, Dean's List

Tompkins Cortland Community College, Dryden, NY
Associates Degree in Paralegal
Graduated: December 1995

Monroe Community College, Rochester, NY
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts
Graduated: May 1994

CERTIFICATION: Certified Professional Coder, Member of AAPC

EXPERIENCE

Coding Clerk, White Wilson Medical Center, PA
Fort Walton Beach Florida, Florida
October 25, 2011-Present

Follows all HIPPA compliance, privacy and confidentiality standards; Using Greenway made the transition from paper tickets to EMRs; Covers 18 doctors ranging from Immediate Care, Family Practice and Gastroenterology; Reviews Superbill Summarys created by the doctor, verifies the proper diagnosis' are used and are medically necessary; Have constant contact with the supervisors, of the corresponding departments, if there are any areas needing attention; Posts charges when everything is documented and correct; Separates doctor's batches for payment poster; Provides additional help to other coders in OB/GYN, Neurology, Drug Screen, Dermatology, Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine.

Medical Receptionist, Staffing Pool, White Wilson Medical Center, PA
Fort Walton Beach Florida, Florida
February 2011-October 24, 2011

Followed all HIPPA compliance, privacy and confidentiality standard; Worked in Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Immediate Care, Internal Medicine, Urology and GYN; Greeted patients, Answered phones, scheduled appointments in person and over the phone, checked-in and checked-out patients, collected payments, coding, referred to in-house and outside doctors, ordered labs, EKGs and RADs

Engineering Information Coordinator, Chromalloy Florida
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
August 2003-March 2004, April 2007-May 2009

Scanned and maintained blueprints; Maintained transmittal internally and externally; Created and maintained an easier database viewing of the blueprints; Provided administrative support to engineers; Digitally archived documents in PDF format; Cataloged and filed blueprints, reports and FAA/DERs.

Administrative Technician, Eglin Air Force Base
Eglin, Florida
March 2004-April 2007

Worked at the front desk checking in patients in CHCS and AHLTA and answered phones; Scheduled appointments; Provided administrative support for entire clinic; Filed, pulled lab and radiology reports.

Data Entry Operator, Manpower
Shalimar, Florida
November 2002-August 2003

Employed at SAIC, Inc as a contract worker; Corrected information database errors within CHCS I using DEERS and Native DEERS.

COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE

Microsoft Office (2003/2007)
Lotus/Lotus Notes
McKesson 9.0
Greenway
DEERS
CHCS 1
AHLTA