Wiki CPC-A

Best answers
Hello everyone, my name is Mariya Zhernosek CPC-A. I'd like to come on here and ask a few questions hoping to get some helpful advice from some of you who have experienced this or are already in the coding industry.

As of right now, I am a Certified Professional Coder with an apprentice status. I have 1 year of experience completed and I need 1 more year of experience in order to get the apprentice status removed. I was going to get hands-on experience but then COVID happened and the clinic I was going to get my experience through wasn't accepting anyone. I was going to purchase practicode and do the program for a couple of months to get my apprentice status removed but then I searched a lot about the CRC certification and I was really interested and wanted to pursue in getting that credential. I was thinking I could do the exam and then start looking for employment once I passed my CRC exam and then after working for a full year as a CRC, that 1 year of hands-on experience could apply to my apprenticeship removal for my CPC-A.

Now, my question is should I pursue with practicode to get my apprenship removal or pursue in a CRC certification? Does it matter which one I do? Which one would be more beneficial?

Thank you everyone.