Wiki Cpc-A

Best answers
Do anyone know of anyone who are hiring cpcA in North Carolina area I have been trying since december 2020 and still nothing, i know its not going be easy, but i need a start somewhere, i live in the burlington area and in need of any help. I am currently working on my practicode also to hopefully get me career moving as well. Thank you again and any help would be much appreciated

You should be looking for any entry-level healthcare position you can find, not just coding jobs since it's not an entry-level position, and tailor your resumes to the job you're applying to. Each one you send/submit should be customized for that job posting wherever you search. Most of these places use software to scan resumes for specific keywords and phrases these days. Look for any of these jobs: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/entry-level-healthcare-jobs-no-training

1) Look at the 1000s of other posts asking the same type of question. The advice by experienced coders and hiring managers is almost always to get any position you can, even if not coding. At the job, ask questions, network, impress your co-workers/supervisor/manager with your work ethic. When a coding position comes up, they may be willing to consider you without experience if you already are familiar with the computer systems, staff, workflows, etc.
2) COVER LETTER and resume. I cannot stress this enough. Your interview is usually what would get you hired for a position. Your resume and cover letter are what give you the opportunity to have an interview. There should be ZERO typos, no incorrect punctuation, correct capitalization, and no questions the reader is left asking. The person reading your cover letter and resume should WANT to contact you.
3) Practice your interview skills. Someone who's a little nervous, I can easily overlook. If the candidate is so nervous that he/she can't answer my questions and have a conversation with me, I can't evaluate them and would not hire them. Ask friends/family/neighbors/co-workers (past or present) to do mock interviews.
4) I'll add my 2 cents about Practicode. I don't know of any employer that will consider Practicode in place of experience. If they require X years of experience, Practicode does not substitute. If it is an employer willing to hire CPC-A (there are some but few and far between), then Practicode can make you stand out.
Apply to any and all positions that are medical administrative related. Have customized cover letters and resumes for each type of position you are applying for. Be willing to take a position with less than your ideal salary if they also have coders that you will interact with.
If you are not getting contacted for interviews on jobs that you meet the qualifications, I would look at the resume and cover letter for issues. Consider having a professional revise if needed.
If you are getting interviews, but no offers, I would focus on interview skills. You could also ask those that interviewed you if they would be willing to share why. 99.9% of the time, you will just get a standard "another candidate more closely met our needs" type of answer, but you can certainly ask.
Good luck!

PS - I just thought of another - appearance. DRESS the part for an interview. Do not show up in a concert t-shirt, jeans, or flip flops. If it's a video interview, make sure you are in a quiet location with no interruptions and a reasonable backdrop. Don't have 20 cats jumping around. Don't let me see your bong. True stories.

I work for a large company. There are just some coding situations that's it's better to have no coder than a CPC-A with no experience. We also understood the market and realized that we would need to hire CPC-A's and train them. One time after interviewing multiple CPC'-A's we wondered who to hire. None of the applicants ever worked in healthcare or any related field. Others never worked in any office setting. I decided to hire the only CPC-A who had worked in an office. The manager at the time agreed. If you have never worked in healthcare, you will always take a second seat to those who have it's just a reality. So do what Christine and the others have said and get your foot in the door somehow.