Wiki CPC w/ comprehensive education looking for employment in AZ or remotely

amandajbj

New
Best answers
I have included my resume. I have been in the healthcare industry since 2001 and have a passion for it.

Amanda Strous
amandalmt@msn.com
(623) 698-8258
OBJECTIVE
I would like a position in your company where I can adapt my skills and knowledge in medical billing and coding to meet and exceed the requirements and expectations of the job position.
SKILLS
 Inpatient and Outpatient Coding
 ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS
 CMS 1500 and UB-04 Claim Forms
 Healthcare Reimbursement
 Medical Terminology
 Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology
 DRG & APC Assignments
 Knowledge of HIPAA and Patient Confidentiality
 Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
 3M Encoder / 3M Reference Software
 Administrative Support
 Customer Service and Organization
 Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
 Managed Care Regulations / Coding Guidelines
 Medicare / Medicaid Reimbursements
 Hospital Information Systems: Chart Assembly, Access, Storage, and Status Tracking
 Clinical Data Analysis and Abstraction
CERTIFICATION
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) August 2014
Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
EDUCATION
Inpatient & Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing (AHIMA Approved) ? Career Step May 2014
Certificate of Graduation
 Coursework included: Medical Terminology, Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology, ICD-9, CPT (including E/M) and HCPCS Level II coding.
 Included training in the audit of codes on claim forms, process of managing, appealing, and submitting claims for various third-party payers including Medicaid and Medicare as well as liability and worker?s compensation with claims
 Experience coding over 250 outpatient reports and 75 authentic inpatient records.
 Types of reports including: Consultations, Emergency Room reports, History and Physical reports, Laboratory reports, Operative reports, Physician Orders, Procedure Notes, Progress Notes, Radiology reports, and Pathology reports.
Medical Transcription Editor Program, Career Step (Online) October 2010
Certificate of Graduation
 Transcribed over 900 reports and edited over 400 reports in a wide variety of accents and dialects.
 Report types included: history and physical reports, consultations, discharge summaries, operative reports, etc.
 Proficiency using WAV technology, Benchmark KB, Windows Shorthand, and AnyModal Speech Recognition
Massage Therapy- Educorp Career College September 2001
Massage Therapy 3.85 GPA
EXPERIENCE 07/2010- present
Work at home Mom
o Manage a household taking care of children and performing daily tasks.
Internet Search Engine Assessor 04/2012- 04/2014
Lion Bridge/Remote Position
 Assessing search results for internet search engines. Mainly Google and Bing.
 Researched web pages and was responsible for making sure that the search results were relevant.
Massage Therapist /Chiropractic assistant 12/2006- 7/2010
Arrowhead Health
 Responsibilities included checking in patients, scheduling appointments, intake forms on new patients.
 Filed paper charts and input patient information into e-MDs software.
 Put patients on therapy tables along with applying electrode therapy and heat or ice therapy.
 Multitasked between the different steps of patient flow from start to finish