CPMA Exam

Any pointers? I'm more nervous about this one than the CPC exam!

I thought the CPC was harder than the CPMA. If you have the study guide and practice exams you will be fine. Also if you know the guidelines, regulations, CMS guidelines you will be fine. I honestly thought it was easy. I am a horrible test taker and I actually finished this test in 3 hours (which never happens) because I finished it in only 3 hours I thought I would have failed for sure.

Just study the study guide and take the practice exams and you will be fine.

Good luck!! :D

CPMA exam passing grade.

To anyone who was confused about how AAPC grades their CPMA exam, they take the number of questions you got right on the exam. for example: there are 150 questions total on the exam. you can only miss 45 questions which is not alot.... so you miss 50 questions take 150 subtract 50 you have 100 questions you got right. take 100 divide it by 150 and that is your %, and no, you don't need to have a 70 % or higher in each section to pass . each question is worth the same either you got the question right or wrong. as long as you don't miss more than 45 questions on the whole exam you pass!! there are 7 sections on this exam not 6, auditing medical cases is another section....good luck to all....

Last edited:
How was your exam graded, was it the overall passing of 70% or was it on each section on points? cant find any answers on this.. like each section you got a % then add all those up and you get your total % or each section has to be 70% let me know thanks.

Pass/Fail is based on an overall score of the exam. If you fall below 70% in one area but have an overall passing score, you will receive your CPMA.