• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Important Note: We will be performing important server maintenance on 15 July 2020 , during which time this site will be unavailable for approximately 2 hours. If you are in the middle of something critical , please save your work. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Question CPT 77336

Best answers
Thank you for the response. I just had a conversation with the physicist yesterday. My understanding was the physics check must be performed within the 5 treatments and billed for one of those dates. He is telling me this is untrue. For example... pt had a total of 20 treatments. I noticed the physics check done during treatments 6-10 wasn't charged. He is telling me to use the fifth physics check (he calls it the end of treatment check), done on the date of the 20th treatment, to cover treatments 6-10. This doesn't seem correct to me. Do you know where I can find specific documentation to provide him?

AnnaE

Contributor
Best answers
I usually refer to Coding Strategies and ASTRO books for reference and AMAC (consulting company).
Your understanding is correct. You cannot use the physics check done on the 20th tx to cover the 6-10 txs.
Also, if the final tx was the 20th tx, the physics check has to be done between 16th and 20th. If it was done after the final tx you cannot charge for it.