Wiki CPT CODE OPEN REDUCTION AND REVISION OF BIPOLAR PROSTHESIS FOR PREVIOUS FRACTURE TREATED WITH BIPOLAR

CCANTER

Networker
Best answers
I am needing help with what CPT code to use for this situation. The patient has dislocated the hip prosthesis and the surgeon performed an open reduction and revision of the bipolar prosthesis for a previous fracture with a bipolar. Here is the op note.
I am not sure if I can use 27236 or 27125 or any suggestions?

The patient was then turned to the right lateral decubitus position. The left lower extremity was
prepped and draped in normal sterile fashion. The prior incision was reopened and skin flaps
elevated. Hemostasis was achieved with the Bovie. The tensor fascia was opened. The short
external rotators were button holed through the prosthesis and capturing the implant. Once I
released the short external rotators and the piriformis tendon, I could then manipulate the hip but
the stem had already pulled out of the femur. The leg was repositioned with the mother in law retractor and the leg held vertically. We then
further prepared the femur with lavage and then cemented this Smith and Nephew anthology
stem into place. The stem was held in 15 degrees of anteversion with the appropriate previous
neck length, just a touch longer, and held while the cement hardened. The hip was then lavaged
and we reinserted the bipolar head and made sure the acetabulum was clean with full reduction
of the implant. There was basically just scar left over from his previous surgery and I could not
repair any of his short external rotators or the capsule. The tensor fascia was then repaired with