Wiki CPT for sinus cleaning and suction in office

bill2doc

Expert
Best answers
New to this and looking at several codes. Would you share your recommendation for the CPT code for sinus cleaning and suction in office?

thank you!

do you have a note to share for more info
Thank you for the reply. This is what is noted:

EXAM - Patient is alert, oriented, cooperative, comfortable. All packs in good position, no evidence of active bleeding, infection noted.
Oral cavity is clear, neck supple.

ASSESS - stable course POD#2 endoscopic sinusotomy, septoplasty, turbinate reduction

PLAN:Lower packs removed and nasal cavities cleaned and suctioned. Start active use of nasal saline spay, continue all post op instructions as previously instructed (written and verbal) prior to surgery and reviewed again today with X who has indicated understanding and agreement with the above ongoing post operative management plan. Follow up in 4 days for completion of pack removal and post operative debridement.

Not my area of expertise but:
1) I don't think there is a separate code to clean and suction the nasal cavities. It would be included in E/M.
2) This seems like postop. If the procedure done has 10 or 90 day global this seems part of the global surgical package.

Not my area of expertise but:
1) I don't think there is a separate code to clean and suction the nasal cavities. It would be included in E/M.
2) This seems like postop. If the procedure done has 10 or 90 day global this seems part of the global surgical package.
agreed, if scope was used it could have been billed as 31237 -79 if post op debridement